Date: Friday 3 April 2020
Broomhill Meadow - entrance restriction is now in place. However, we confirm that notices put on cars are not the actions of the Parish Council and although we have Police Reference numbers we have not reported any cars for parking on the verges at this time. However, we repeat, it is unlawful to park on verges and offenders could be prosecuted. It is also unlawful during this crisis to drive to walk your pets or exercise - police officers have the powers to move you on and give you words of advice. PLEASE STAY WITHIN YOUR OWN ENVIRONMENT to protect not only yourselves and others but also our NHS.
GRAFFITI - Parish Council Property has been damaged by Graffiti - even well meaning graffiti is criminal damage. We are unable to remove the graffiti at this time, however, if more appears we will have no alternative but to report such behaviour to the police, reluctantly ! Public Funds will have to be used to clean this up once this crisis is over, so it is in everyone's interest to adhere to the current regulations and adhere to the law.
Date: Thursday 2 April 2020
1. BROOMHILL MEADOW: Broomhill Meadow remains open to allow residents their daily exercise and dog walking. However, the entrance will be blocked off to cars over the next couple of days - this is to prevent those travelling by car to walk their dogs, with is now illegal under the current Coronavirus rules. The Police have also been informed and will be monitoring the area to ensure no parking on the verges occurs. This follows numerous complaints from residents that the Meadow has been taken over by those travelling to walk their dogs. If you have further concerns, please contact the Parish Clerk in the first instance.
2. IPPLEPEN ROAD: Road Closure lifted and the dangerous cladding repaired. Thank you for your patience and to the residents who informed the Parish Council.
Date: Tuesday 31st March 2020
1. ROAD CLOSURE: IPPLEPEN ROAD WILL BE CLOSED AT SOME POINT TODAY DUE TO AN UNSAFE STRUCTURE AT THE OLD GLENDENNING SITE - CONTRACTORS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO MAKE SAFE. THE ROAD WILL RE-OPEN ONCE COMPLETED.
2. PUBLIC CONSULTATION - ONLINE CONSULTATION IS DELAYED FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS.
3. THERE WILL BE NO PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS FOR AT LEAST THREE MONTHS - ALL ENQUIRIES IN THE FIRST INSTANCE SHOULD GO TO THE CLERK ON 0770 770 9390 or EMAIL email@example.com
4. TORFIELD PLAYPARK IS NOW CLOSED UNDER GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS - NO ONE SHOULD ENTER THE SITE AND PUT THEMSELVES OR THEIR CHILDREN AT RISK.
5. MARLDON/COMPTON PARISH CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY CARE HUB is now operational - if you have not received a card in the post please inform the Clerk as soon as possible.
Coronavirus Print Friendly A4 Poster.pdf
Hello, and welcome to the Marldon Parish Council website. Through this website Parishioners can access details of the Parish Council business. There are Parish Council notice boards by the shops in Village Road, in Vicarage Hill near Pembroke Park, and at Compton. The main Parish notice board is near the Post Office and will display the minutes of the last meeting and the agenda for the next meeting three clear days before the meeting is due. This information will also be on this website.
Normally the Parish Council meets in the Community Room of the Village Hall on the second Monday of the Month (unless it is a Bank Holiday) at 7.15pm, the first 15 minutes being for members of the public to bring any matters they wish to the attention of Councillors, who may deal with them once the meeting proper starts at 7.30pm. Members of the public, and press, are welcome to observe the Council in session but cannot participate once the meeting proper has started unless standing orders are suspended.
Each year, usually in May, there is an Annual Meeting of the Parish Council in the main hall, when the Chairman reports on the year past and looks forward to the future. The Accounts summary is also presented. Parishioners are able to voice their opinions or concerns during the meeting, and there is usually a guest speaker.
You are welcome to contact myself at any time by phone, mail or E-mail, and a list of Councillors and their contact details are available on this site and on the noticeboards.
If you wish to report a fault connected to Highways you can do this through the Devon County Council website at https://new.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/report-a-problem/
FINANCE - 2018 / 2019 INTERNAL AUDIT - is now on the Finance Pages.
NEW NEWS: PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. All enquiries to The Clerk in the first instance.
NOW CLOSED UNDER GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
The Parish Council has had to close Torfield Playpark due
to health & safety issues. It is
regrettable, however, the safety of the kiddies using the equipment and the
area is the Parish Council’s main priority.
The PlayPark has been in need of maintenance and upgrading
for many years. Most of the equipment is dated and the whole area unfit for
purpose; the closure is seen as the ideal opportunity to regenerate the
PlayPark to a high standard and provide a much needed resource for the children
of the Village.
Whilst the Parish Council does have access to s106 funds,
there would always have to be match-funding sought via Grants or other
financial options. The regeneration of
the PlayPark is not a quick fix, it will take some months, however, it is hoped
completion will be early Summer, possibly sooner.
The Parish Council is actively obtaining quotes and plans
for the PlayPark and whilst it is hugely disappointing, the PlayPark will
remain closed until the upgrade is completed.
Marldon will then have a wonderful space for its young children.
It is envisaged that the PlayPark area will be levelled off
into two sections, a lower section for the 0 – 5 year olds, with a pathway for
prams and disabled access and a higher level for the 6 -12year olds, and a
picnic area with tables and seats in the middle.
There will be new fencing to secure the PlayPark.
As soon as the plans have been received and confirmed, they
will be published on the Parish Council Website and on boards near the PlayPark.
Residents in the immediate vicinity will be informed of start and end dates
and it is hoped there will be minimal disruption.
Any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact
the Clerk. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone
0770 770 9390
DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Torfield, Broomhill Meadow & Jubilee Meadow. The Parish Council are pleased to announce it will hold a Public Consultation regarding the upgrading of the above Council owned sites. The Consultation will commence on 1st April 2020 and conclude with an Open Day Event on Saturday 2 May 2020. The Consultation will take the form of a delivered leaflet to each property, an online Consultation and the Open Day.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Parish Council has not produced any other consultation - if you have seen Notices around the Village, these have been created by someone not associated with the Parish Council and without the Parish Councils authorisation. Once we have all the information in place all our Notices will be headed MARLDON PARISH COUNCIL and signed off by the Clerk.
Please note, that ALL correspondence for the Council should be emailed to the Parish Council's Address not to individual Councillors addresses. Many thanks. (see CONTACT DETAILS)
MEG Committee Meeting: To be confirmed.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS:
MEETINGS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
ROAD CLOSURES: Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 (section 14)